It’s official—the holiday season has finally arrived. With all the buzzing excitement of the holidays, businesses should take advantage of this because it provides new ways to create interest about products or services through social media. Findings ways to engage audiences through social media is now more important than ever to a business’ longevity. In fact, 36 percent of social media users trust brands with a social media presence, and 80 percent of users who received a response on a social channel went on to make a purchase (Mr. Youth, 2011). Consider using the holidays as an excuse to change things up a little at the work office and use marketing strategies to target consumers.
- Plan early: Businesses must always stay on top of social media trends and research what competitors are doing in industry as well. Plan early and create strategic plans so that your organization can build buzz before holidays rather than during it.
- Post useful content on social media sites: Provide information to people that will be current and beneficial for them during the holiday season.
- Don’t forget about SEO: Optimize keywords on social media content that way people can easily find this information again at a later time.
- Measure effectiveness of strategies: Determine what strategies work best and what your audiences prefer. Try out different things and see which ideas get the most feedback and responses.
- Engage followers: Encourage viewers to post stories or pictures of their holiday plans and hold online contests with incentives.
- Show off company culture: This is a fun one. Share photos or stories of what the office staff is up to on social media sites with holiday parties or charitable events
If you were a brand, what holiday strategies would you use to effectively communicate with consumers to drive your business?